Developing your positioning statement
Here is an exercise we perform with new clients, in order to generate a positioning statement which becomes central to all their marketing messaging. You will establish your positioning statement by answering the following seven questions:
- Who: Who are you?
- What: What business are you in?
- For whom: What sectors do you serve?
- What need: What are the special needs of the sectors you serve?
- Against whom: With whom are you competing?
- What’s different: What makes you different from those competitors?
- What’s the benefit: What unique benefit does a client derive from your service?
This will define how you want to be perceived and will include the core message you want to deliver in every medium to influence the perception of your service.